Vuforia AR Engine — Augmented Reality for Unity Game Engine and the World’s Most Widely Deployed AR. Over half a million developers have chosen the advanced computer vision, calibrated performance and cross-platform reach of Vuforia Engine, making it the most popular AR on the planet.
I have developed some Unity Assets that use Vuforia and Augmented Reality.
Here they are.
Unity 2017.2+ integrates the Vuforia Engine.
You can learn more about a new pipeline on Vuforia Developer Portal.
AR Space Shooter
AR Menu — 3D Menu for AR Gaming.
AR Business Card — an interactive tool for communication with customers on business negotiations.
The video contains English subtitles, so just turn them on.
How to change Image Target (AR Marker)?
- Create a New Device Database with Vuforia Developer Portal.
- Upload your Logo as Image Target to your Database.
- Download your Database in form of Unity Package.
- Import Database into Unity project.
- Select your Database and Image Target on Image Target game object.
Read also: Getting Started with Vuforia Engine in Unity.
Why does not Vuforia work?
- Vuforia Developer Portal > Develop > License Manager > Get Development Key.
- Go to Window > Vuforia Configuration > App License Key > Paste your Key.
- File > Save Project.
Build & Run on mobile
If you have errors when you try to make a build for mobile platform:
- Go to Unity Editor > Player Settings > Target Platform > XR Settings.
- Check the “Vuforia Augmented Reality Supported”.
Vuforia 7.1.35 is only compatible with UWP mobile devices such as tablets.
There is no support for UWP and Mac OS Desktop Apps.
If you develop for Event (i.e. Expo) and you want to run App on Window 10 or Mac OS in Standalone Mode, then just run it in Unity Editor for demonstration.
There is support for Android & iOS.
- Vuforia runs in all scenes (Fixed in Unity 2018.1 with Vuforia 7.1).
- Gameplay based on real objects;
- Interaction with real world;
Bring the enchanting Power of Augmented Reality into your amazing Game or App.