AR Toss Boss — Unity Asset in arcade genre with Augmented Reality for mobile platforms.
During an encounter with a target (container) and its task, a player may throw a ball (or any object you want) for scoring by tapping any point on the screen (easy mode) or by flicking (swiping) the ball from the bottom of the screen up toward the target (hard mode). Both modes form different speed and toss direction based on last tap point, what makes the game even more interesting.
Toss Diligently & Try to Get Best Score!
AR Toss Boss contains Unity Assets
All paid assets are included in Unity Package. All modules are designed independently to keep this asset extendable & easy to understand:
- Throw Object 3D (docs) to implement throwing.
- AR Camera GYRO (docs) to implement Augmented Reality for wide range of mobile devices. You can use any AR Engine (ARCore, ARKit, etc.) because there is no hard connection between Unity Project and AR Camera GYRO (docs).
- AR Throwing (docs) to combine AR & Toss.
- Real-Time AR Shadows (docs).
Features of AR Toss Boss
Bring the enchanting Power of Augmented Reality into your amazing Game or App:
- 3 unique containers for scoring: Barrel, Bucket & Bucket Group.
- 2 Throwing Modes: “Tap” (Easy) & “Flick/Swipe” (Hard).
- 10+ different items to toss: balls, weapons, etc. Easy implementation of your own Throwing Objects.
- Dynamic Sound System: play Sounds based on speed, pitch and volume factors of Throwing Objects when it collides with Floor and Containers.
- Tons of Customizable Parameters (Tasks, Sounds, Delays, Filtering by Tag, Safe Time, etc.).
- Directional Arrow that points to current target.
- Easy Control the count of Containers: place as much as you need.
- Custom Meshes for scoring created with Technie Collider Creator (it’s not needed to run the project). They allow playing dynamic sounds and count points more accurately.
- Mobile Optimizations: Object Pool, TextMesh PRO, etc.
- UI Animations and Sounds: Best Score, Container Task and Scoring, Fail.
- Visual Explosion with Sound when Scoring.
Getting Started with AR Toss Boss
For legal reasons, I can’t include some assets in the package, but you can get them for free separately.
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
I used the next software for this tutorial:
- Unity 2019.1.3.
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games;
- TextMesh Pro;
- Download and import AR Toss Boss into Unity;
- Option: To Get All Assets associated with Throw Object 3D, check its documentation.
- Test in the Unity Editor with Unity Remote or build for mobile.
“$” Game Object
It’s Game Controller. Here you can find main control scripts.
How to add new Container
- Duplicate any container on scene and place it as you want.
- Add “Score Control” component of Container’s “Score Trigger” Game Object to “Score Controls” array in “$” Game Object.
Tested with Mobile Devices
- iOS on iPhone 6 & 8,
- Android on Samsung Galaxy S10.
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.