VR + AR: Mixed Reality (MR) — Unity Asset that uses AR Camera GYRO (docs) and Google VR SDK to display 2D or 3D objects as though they were in the real world mixing Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. It’s Unity MR Camera for 80% of all Mobile Devices.
Features of VR + AR: Mixed Reality (MR)
Bring the enchanting Power of Mixed Reality into your amazing Game or App:
- Cross-platform Mobile MR Camera: iOS, Android.
- 3-minute installation for your own VR + AR Scene.
- Covering a wide range of mobile devices.
- Google VR SDK to implement Virtual Reality.
- AR Camera GYRO (docs) to implement Augmented Reality.
- No using of other AR Engines like ARCore, ARKit, Vuforia, etc.
- Real-Time AR Shadows (docs).
Mixed Reality adds virtual elements the physical world and surround you game objects being in full immersion with VR Headset.
All modules are designed independently to keep this asset extendable & easy to understand:
Getting Started with VR + AR: Mixed Reality (Unity MR)
For legal reasons, I can’t include some assets in the package, but you can get them for free separately.
If you have any issues with the first launch then just email me with Invoice Number and I will send you complete project.
- Download and import VR + AR: Mixed Reality (MR) into Unity;
- Download and import Google VR SDK into Unity (Tested with v1.200);
- Reopen Unity Project;
- Test in the Unity Editor or build for mobile.
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games.
Known Issues & Solutions
You can test the project in the Unity Editor holding alt (option) key with Google VR SDK.
Tested with Devices
Mobiles with Google Cardboard:
- iOS on iPhone 6.
- Android on Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Hardware and Software Requirements are restricted by Requirements of Google VR SDK (iOS, Android).
- Camera Rotation and Camera Movement are controlled only with Google VR SDK.
- Google Cardboard must have camera hole.
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.