AR Basketball GO — Unity Asset in sport arcade genre with Augmented Reality for mobile platforms, realistic physics of basketball net & ring, ring growing & hoop movement, advanced scoring & audio systems.
During an encounter with basketball hoop, a player may throw a ball for scoring by tapping any point on the screen (easy mode) or by flicking (swiping) the ball from the bottom of the screen up toward the target (hard mode). Both modes form different speed and toss direction based on last tap point, what makes the game even more interesting.
Throw Diligently & Try to Get Best Score!
- 1. AR Basketball GO contains Unity Assets
- 2. Related Unity Assets
- 3. Features of AR Basketball GO
- 4. Bonuses
- 5. Tutorial
- 6. 3rd Party 3D Basketball Environment (Option)
- 7. Testing
- 8. Support
- 9. Changelog
AR Basketball GO contains Unity Assets
All paid assets are included in Unity Package. All modules are designed independently to keep this asset extendable & easy to understand:
- Throw Object 3D (docs) to implement throwing.
- AR Camera GYRO (docs) to implement Augmented Reality for wide range of mobile devices. You can use any AR Engine (ARCore, ARKit, etc.) because there is no hard connection between Unity Project and AR Camera GYRO (docs).
- AR Throwing (docs) to combine AR & Toss.
- Real-Time AR Shadows (docs).
Features of AR Basketball GO
Bring the enchanting Power of Augmented Reality into your amazing Game or App:
- 2 Bonuses: Ring Growing (Big Ring), Hoop Movement.
- 2 Throwing Modes: “Tap” (Easy) & “Flick/Swipe” (Hard).
- Super Realistic Physics of a Basketball Net & Ring.
- Dissolving (Fading) VFX for All Game Objects.
- Dynamic Sound System: play Sounds based on speed, pitch and volume factors of Throwing Object when it collides with Ring, Net, Backboard, Floor, Pole.
- Tons of Customizable Parameters (Points, Throwing, Bonuses, Sounds, Delays, etc.).
- Directional Arrow that points to current target.
- Advanced Scoring System with Combos & Accounting Distance to Basket.
- Mobile Optimizations: Object Pool, TextMesh PRO, etc.
- UI Animations and Sounds: Clear Ball, Best Score, Current Score, Fail.
You can get a bonus with 1 scored ball or with combo. Balls Count in Combo can be set in Unity Editor.
Ring Growing (Big Ring)
Ring Growing happens when the player scores 1 Clear Ball (without touching of Ring). When Limit of Goals with Big Ring will be reached then basket will be returned to the Normal Size.
Hoop Movement happens when the player scores 2 Normal Balls (not clear) and shows VFX with Explosion & Hoop Dissolving (Meshes & Shadows).
Movement contains 2 independent parts:
- Rotation Around Camera (Player) by target Angles.
- Changing of local Z Position by target step.
Getting Started with AR Basketball GO
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games;
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2019.1.14.
- Download and import AR Basketball GO into Unity.
- Install TextMesh Pro with Package Manager & Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP Essential Resources.
- Option: To Get All Assets associated with Throw Object 3D, check its documentation.
- Open Scene: Makaka Games > AR > AR Basketball GO > Scenes > Menu.
- Test in the Unity Editor with Unity Remote or build for mobile.
“$” Game Object
It’s Game Controller. Here you can find main control scripts.
Use Unity Version such as described in “Getting Started” chapter because cloth behavior is stable here.
Unity 2019.2 has active bugs like this for cloth.
How to Set Balls Count?
All information about throwing you can find in “Throw Object 3D” Documentation.
3rd Party 3D Basketball Environment (Option)
AR Basketball GO is not related with next optional assets and it doesn’t include them and support is provided only by their publishers. The next assets are recommendations as additional stuff to inspiration and application in your unique game:
- HQ Abandoned School (Modular): 2 basketball areas (street playground & school gym).
- Basketball Essentials: collections of hoops and balls.
- School Gym: common school gym with basketball stuff.
Tested with Mobile Devices
- iOS on iPhone 6 & 8,
- Android on Samsung Galaxy S10.
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.
2.0 (Completely Rewritten Project):