AR + VR: Mixed Reality (MR) Camera — Unity Asset that uses AR Camera GYRO (docs) and Google Cardboard XR Plugin (former Google VR SDK) to display 2D or 3D objects as though they were in the real world mixing Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. It’s Unity MR Camera for 80% of all Mobile Devices.
Features of AR + VR: Mixed Reality (MR) Camera
Bring the enchanting Power of Mixed Reality into your amazing Game or App:
- Cross-platform Mobile MR Camera: iOS, Android.
- 3-minute installation for your own AR + VR Scene.
- Covering a wide range of mobile devices.
- Google Cardboard XR Plugin (former Google VR SDK) to implement Virtual Reality.
- AR Camera GYRO (docs) to implement Augmented Reality.
- No using of other AR Engines like Unity AR Foundation, ARCore, ARKit, Vuforia, etc.
- Real-Time AR Shadows (docs).
- Basic Editor Testing.
- Gaze-based Reticle Pointer (2 Non-Animated States).
Mixed Reality adds virtual elements the physical world and surround you game objects being in full immersion with VR Headset.
All modules are designed independently to keep this asset extendable & easy to understand:
- Demo of Interaction with Objects in Mixed Reality;
- Separate Scene with Camera Permission Request using free Native Camera;
- AR Camera GYRO (docs);
- AR Shadow (docs).
Getting Started with AR + VR: Mixed Reality (Unity MR)
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games;
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2019.4.10.
- Build Settings > iOS or Android > Switch Platform.
- Download and import AR + VR: Mixed Reality (MR) into Unity.
- Warning Windows:
- Click “Import” to overwrite the Project Settings with predefined ones.
- Click “Install/Upgrade” for Package Manager Dependencies.
- Warning Windows:
- Next Packages are provided with Unity Package Manager, and they are already installed for this Asset by default. If packages are missing (Warning Window did not appear) then install them again with Unity Package Manager:
- Next Packages must be manually installed with Git & Unity Package Manager:
- Reopen Unity Project.
- Open Scene: Makaka Games > MR > MR Camera > Scenes > Demo.
- Test in the Unity Editor or Build for Mobile.
Known Issues & Solutions
You can test the project in the Unity Editor this way:
- Right Mouse Button for Camera Movement.
- Left Mouse Button for Simulating of Pressing the Cardboard trigger button this frame (Google.XR.Cardboard.Api.IsTriggerPressed) — Tested for Screen Touches on Mobile Device.
Real Testing is only on Real Device.
- iOS 14 on iPhone XS Max.
- Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A71.
- Hardware and Software Requirements are restricted by Requirements of Google Cardboard XR Plugin.
- Camera Rotation and Camera Movement are controlled only with Google Cardboard XR Plugin.
- UI Buttons on World Space Canvases must have Box Collider.
- Google Cardboard must have camera hole.
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.