Basketball Game 3D — Unity Asset in sport arcade genre for Desktop (Windows, macOS) with realistic physics of basketball net & ring, ring growing & hoop movement, advanced scoring & audio systems.
During an encounter with basketball hoop, a player may throw a ball for scoring by clicking any point on the screen (easy mode) or by flicking (swiping) the ball from the bottom of the screen up toward the target (hard mode). Different speed & toss direction are formed based on the last mouse position, what makes the game even more interesting.
Throw Diligently & Try to Get the Best Score!
- 1 Package Contains
- 2 Related Unity Assets
- 3 Features of Basketball Game 3D
- 4 Bonuses
- 5 Tutorial
- 6 3rd Party 3D Basketball Environment (Option)
- 7 Tested with Desktop Platforms
- 8 Support
- 9 Changelog
Check the Map of Unity Assets to choose the product that best suits your needs.
Features of Basketball Game 3D
Throw like a Pro with your amazing Game or App:
- 2 Bonuses: Ring Growing (Big Ring), Hoop Movement.
- 2 Throwing Modes with Throw Object 3D (docs): “Click” (Easy) & “Flick/Swipe” (Hard).
- 2 Camera Control Modes: WASD Keys or Right Mouse Button.
- 100+ Customizable Parameters (Points, Throwing, Bonuses, Sounds, Delays, etc.).
- Super Realistic Physics of a Basketball Net & Ring: Bank Shot, Toilet Bowl Shot, Rimshot, Net Shot, Clear Shot…
- Dissolving (Fading) VFX for All Game Objects.
- Dynamic Sound System: play Sounds based on speed, pitch, and volume factors of Throwing Object when it collides with Ring, Basketball Net, Backboard, Floor, Pole.
- Directional Arrow that points to Current Target.
- Advanced Scoring System with Combos & Accounting Distance to Basket.
- UI Animations and Sounds: Clear Ball, Best Score, Current Score, Fail.
- Simulation of Player Breathing.
- Mobile Optimizations:
You can get a bonus with 1 scored ball or with combo. Balls Count in Combo can be set in Unity Editor.
Ring Growing (Big Ring)
Ring Growing happens when the player scores 1 Clear Ball (without touching of Ring). When the Limit of Goals with Big Ring will be reached then the basket will be returned to the Normal Size.
Hoop Movement happens when the player scores 2 Normal Balls (not clear) and shows VFX with Explosion & Hoop Dissolving (Meshes & Shadows).
Movement contains 2 independent parts:
- Rotation Around Camera (Player) by target Angles.
- Changing of local Z Position by target step.
This tutorial is relevant for Basketball Game 3D 2.3+.
Tutorial for the previous version can be found only in the asset folder.
Getting Started with Basketball Game 3D
Folders & Files in the package by default:
- Makaka Games.
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2021.3.4 & “3D” Template.
- File > Build Settings > Standalone (PC, Mac) or WebGL > Switch Platform.
- Download and import Basketball Game 3D into Unity.
- Warning Windows:
- Click “Import” to overwrite the Project Settings with predefined ones.
- Click “Install/Upgrade” for Package Manager Dependencies.
- Warning Windows:
- Next Packages are provided with Unity Package Manager, and they are already installed for this Asset by default. If packages are missing (Warning Window did not appear) then install them again with Unity Package Manager (with advanced settings enabled: “Pre-release Packages” & “Show Dependencies”):
- TextMesh Pro 3.0.6:
- Always Required: Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP Essential Resources.
- TextMesh Pro 3.0.6:
- Reopen Unity Project.
- Open Scene: Makaka Games > Basketball Game 3D > Scenes > Menu.
- Test in the Unity Editor or Build.
“$” Game Object
It’s Game Controller. Here you can find main control scripts.
How to Set Balls Count & Throwing Mode ?
All information about throwing you can find in “Throw Object 3D” Documentation.
3rd Party 3D Basketball Environment (Option)
Basketball Game 3D (Unity Asset) is not related with next optional assets and it doesn’t include them and support is provided only by their publishers. The next assets are recommendations as additional stuff to inspiration and application in your unique game:
- HQ Abandoned School (Modular): 2 basketball areas (street playground & school gym).
- Basketball Essentials: collections of hoops and balls.
- School Gym: common school gym with basketball stuff.
Tested with Desktop Platforms
- WebGL in Google Chrome.
Check the current version of Basketball Game 3D on Asset Store.
The latest version will be added as soon as possible.
- Unity 2021.2.16.
- Modern Standards of Project Settings (based on New Unity Project).
- Throw Object 3D 5.0 (docs).
- Unified UI Layout to match different resolutions.
- Soaring Style for HUD UI with Black Outline: no black panel behind anymore.
- Loading Animation for Start Button.
2.0 (Completely Rewritten Project & New Features):