Basketball Game 3D — Unity Asset in sport arcade genre for Desktop (Windows, Mac OS) with realistic physics of basketball net & ring, ring growing & hoop movement, advanced scoring & audio systems.
During an encounter with basketball hoop, a player may throw a ball for scoring by clicking any point on the screen (easy mode) or by flicking (swiping) the ball from the bottom of the screen up toward the target (hard mode). Different speed & toss direction are formed based on last mouse position, what makes the game even more interesting.
Throw Diligently & Try to Get Best Score!
- 1 Basketball Game 3D contains Unity Assets
- 2 Related Unity Assets
- 3 Features of Basketball Game 3D
- 4 Bonuses
- 5 Tutorial
- 6 3rd Party 3D Basketball Environment (Option)
- 7 Tested with Desktop Platforms
- 8 Support
- 9 Changelog
Basketball Game 3D contains Unity Assets
All paid assets are included in Unity Package. All modules are designed independently to keep this asset extendable & easy to understand:
Features of Basketball Game 3D
Throw like a Pro with your amazing Game or App:
- 2 Bonuses: Ring Growing (Big Ring), Hoop Movement.
- 2 Throwing Modes: “Click” (Easy) & “Flick/Swipe” (Hard).
- 2 Camera Control Modes: WASD Keys or Right Mouse Button.
- Super Realistic Physics of a Basketball Net & Ring.
- Dissolving (Fading) VFX for All Game Objects.
- Dynamic Sound System: play Sounds based on speed, pitch and volume factors of Throwing Object when it collides with Ring, Basketball Net, Backboard, Floor, Pole.
- Tons of Customizable Parameters (Points, Throwing, Bonuses, Sounds, Delays, etc.).
- Directional Arrow that points to current target.
- Advanced Scoring System with Combos & Accounting Distance to Basket.
- Optimizations: Object Pool, TextMesh PRO, etc.
- UI Animations and Sounds: Clear Ball, Best Score, Current Score, Fail.
- Simulation of Player Breathing.
You can get a bonus with 1 scored ball or with combo. Balls Count in Combo can be set in Unity Editor.
Ring Growing (Big Ring)
Ring Growing happens when the player scores 1 Clear Ball (without touching of Ring). When Limit of Goals with Big Ring will be reached then basket will be returned to the Normal Size.
Hoop Movement happens when the player scores 2 Normal Balls (not clear) and shows VFX with Explosion & Hoop Dissolving (Meshes & Shadows).
Movement contains 2 independent parts:
- Rotation Around Camera (Player) by target Angles.
- Changing of local Z Position by target step.
Getting Started with Basketball Game 3D
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games;
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2019.1.14.
- Download and import Basketball Game 3D into Unity.
- Install TextMesh Pro with Package Manager & Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP Essential Resources.
- Option: To Get All Assets associated with Throw Object 3D, check its documentation.
- Open Scene: Makaka Games > Basketball Game 3D > Scenes > Menu.
- Test in the Unity Editor or Build for Desktop.
“$” Game Object
It’s Game Controller. Here you can find main control scripts.
Use Unity Version such as described in “Getting Started” chapter because cloth behavior is stable here.
Unity 2019.2 has active bugs like this for cloth.
How to Set Balls Count?
All information about throwing you can find in “Throw Object 3D” Documentation.
3rd Party 3D Basketball Environment (Option)
Basketball Game 3D (Unity Asset) is not related with next optional assets and it doesn’t include them and support is provided only by their publishers. The next assets are recommendations as additional stuff to inspiration and application in your unique game:
- HQ Abandoned School (Modular): 2 basketball areas (street playground & school gym).
- Basketball Essentials: collections of hoops and balls.
- School Gym: common school gym with basketball stuff.
Tested with Desktop Platforms
- Windows 10,
- Mac OS X.
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest version will be added as soon as possible.
2.0 (Completely Rewritten Project & New Features):