AR Survival Shooter (Unity Asset) — first-person AR Shooter: kill the zombies and save your life with full immersion in the game! Feel the power of Unity FPS AR Shooter.
Features of AR Survival Shooter
Bring the enchanting Power of Augmented Reality into your amazing AR Shooting Game or App:
- Feel the Effect of Presence with AR.
- Kill 3 Types of Zombies in Real World: Bunnies, Bears & Elephants.
- Defend “Iron Throne” from Enemy Damage.
- Be Warned about Enemy Attacks through Red Fullscreen Flashes & Health Bar.
- Pseudo Augmented Reality using gyroscope: same AR like in the Pokemon GO game (AR mode, not AR+): 3DoF — it can track rotational motion but not translational. Such AR can work on low-budget smartphones.
- Real-Time AR Shadows (docs): shader is included.
- Mobile Optimizations:
Getting Started with AR Survival Shooter
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games.
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2019.2.9.
- Download and import AR Survival Shooter into Unity.
- Install TextMesh Pro 2.0.1 with Unity Package Manager & Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP Essential Resources.
- Open Scene: Makaka Games > XR Survival Shooter > Scenes > Menu.
- Test in the Unity Editor with Unity Remote or build for mobile.
How to set up your own Enemy prefab and customize Enemy Amount
- Duplicate one of customized prefabs: ZomBunnyAR.
- Indicate your 3D-model, audio, etc. inside new prefab.
- In “EnemyManagers” game object select appropriate Enemy Manager: “EnemyManagerZomBunny”.
- In “Random Object Pooler” component indicate your own (duplicated & customized) prefab & Maximum Enemy Amount (“Init Pooled Amount”).
- In “Enemy Manager XR” set up “Spawn Points” & “Spawn Time” as you need.
How to change Death Animation
If you change the model, then you need to change Death Animation. You need to add Animation Event with call of “StartSinking ()” function (EnemyHealthXR.cs) in place on the timeline of your own animation where you need it.
Tested with Mobile Devices
- iOS on iPhone 6, 8, XS Max.
- Android on Samsung Galaxy S10.
Check the current version of AR Survival Shooter on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.
- Unity 2019.2.9;
- Unified UI Layout to match different resolutions (iPhone XS Max => iPhone 6);
- TextMesh Pro 2.0.1 is provided with Unity Package Manager now.
- Unity 2018.3;
- New Chapters in AR Shooter’s Documentation:
- How to set up your own Enemy prefab;
- How to change Death Animation.
- Fix StartCanvas, so you can seamlessly add buttons to HUDCanvas if you want
- Unity 2018.2;
- TextMesh Pro texts for Menu Scene.
New Architecture of AR Shooter with Object Pools: EnemyManagersXRControl initializes each zombie type (EnemyManagerXR with Object Pool) now (more performance). There are 3 object pools in total: ZomBunny, ZomBear, Hellephant.
- Unity 2018.1;
- Object Pool with separate Enemy Manager for each Zombie prefab;
- Caching of all Components & Animation Parameters for Enemy Prefabs;
- Start Tutorial in Game Scene.
- Merge EnemyMovementXR.cs with EnemyHealthXR.cs;
- InvokeRepeating () => Coroutine in EnemyManagerXR.cs;
- Set “navMeshAgent.enabled = false;” once after Death;
- Enemies are disappearing right after death now.
1.1 (More Complete Project as a Separate Game):
- Shoot Animation,
- Menu Scene,
- Load Screen Control,
- Colored Particles for Zombies,
- Mobile Shaders for enemies,
- Public Unity Events for more flexibility,
- And more…