AR Throw and Score — Unity Asset & Arcade Game Template which combines Augmented Reality and Throw Mechanics for Mobile Platforms. Toss Diligently & Try to Get the Best Score by Hitting the Target Containers without touching the Ground. AR Safety First.
During an encounter with a target, a player may throw a ball, weapon (or any object you want) by tapping any point on the screen (easy mode) or by flicking (swiping) the ball from the bottom of the screen up toward the target (hard mode). Both modes form different speed and throw direction based on the last tap point, what makes the game even more interesting.
The game uses 2 AR Engines with auto selection:
- AR Foundation (ARCore, ARKit) with the next features:
- Real Plane Detection (includes tutorial, visual plane confirmation/resetting, placing the game around the player).
- AR Safe Zone. The player needs to stay in the Safe Zone to avoid accidents during the game and continue the game itself! The player will be notified when leaving the Safe Zone. Learn More on the page of AR Shadow.
- AR Onboarding UX with Transparent Video Manuals & AR States.
- AR Light Estimation: estimates light data in physical space and applies it to game space.
Learn More on the page of AR Shadow.
- AR Camera Lite will be used when AR Foundation is not supported by the mobile device. It’s also used when Testing in Unity Editor: the game in Editor is always run with this Engine.
Features of AR Throw & Score
Bring the enchanting Power of Augmented Reality into your amazing AR Throwing Game or App:
- 3 unique containers: Barrel, Bucket & Bucket Group.
- 2 Throwing Modes with Throw Object 3D (docs): “Click” (Easy) & “Flick/Swipe” (Hard).
- 10 different items to toss: balls, weapons, etc. Easy implementation of your own Throwing Objects.
- 100+ Customizable Parameters for Throwing (Tasks, Sounds, Delays, Filtering by Tag, Safe Time to prevent Registering of Double Collisions for Scoring & Failing, Throwing Parameters, etc.).
- Dynamic Sound System: play Throwing Sounds based on speed, pitch and volume factors of Throwing Objects when it collides with different environments: Floor and Containers.
- Directional Arrow that points to Current Target.
- Easy Control the count of Containers: place as much as you need.
- Custom Meshes of Containers & their Score Triggers were created with Technie Collider Creator (it’s not needed to run the project). They allow computing collisions more accurately for better playing dynamic sounds and counting points.
- UI Animations and Sounds: Best Score, Container Task and Scoring, Fail.
- Visual Explosions from Containers with Sound when Scoring.
- Real-Time AR Shadows (docs).
- Mobile Optimizations:
- Unified Demo Scene for both AR Engines with Tutorial and 3 Different Containers.
- Throw Object 3D (docs).
- AR Throwing (docs).
- AR Camera Lite (docs).
- AR Shadows (docs).
- Menu Scene with AR Safety Tutorial.
- Permission Scene with Camera Permission Request using free Native Camera.
- Loading Screen to switch scenes seamlessly.
Check the Map of Unity Assets to choose the product that best suits your needs.
Use Cases of AR Throw & Score
Popular Mobile Games:
Learn Limitations separately for Each Asset included in the package.
This tutorial is relevant for AR Throw and Score 2.0+.
Tutorial for the previous version can be found only in the asset folder.
Getting Started with AR Throw & Score
Folders & Files in the package by default:
- Makaka Games;
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2021.2.16 & “3D” Template.
- File > Build Settings > iOS or Android > Switch Platform.
- Next Packages must be manually installed with Git & Unity Package Manager:
- Download and import AR Throw and Score into Unity.
- Warning Windows:
- Click “Import” to overwrite the Project Settings with predefined ones.
- Click “Install/Upgrade” for Package Manager Dependencies.
- Click “No” when enabling the backends for the new input system.
- Warning Windows:
- Next Packages are provided with Unity Package Manager, and they are already installed for this Asset by default. If packages are missing (Warning Window did not appear) then install them again with Unity Package Manager (with advanced settings enabled: “Pre-release Packages” & “Show Dependencies”):
- TextMesh Pro 3.0.6:
- Always Required: Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP Essential Resources.
- AR Foundation 4.2.2;
- AR Subsystems 4.2.2;
- ARCore XR Plugin 4.2.2;
- ARKit XR Plugin 4.2.2;
- Editor Coroutines 1.0.0;
- Input System 1.3.0;
- Subsystem Registration 1.1.1;
- XR Legacy Input Helpers 2.1.9;
- XR Plugin Management 4.2.1.
- TextMesh Pro 3.0.6:
- Reopen Unity Project.
- Open Scene: Makaka Games > AR > AR Throw and Score > Scenes > Demo.
- Test in the Unity Editor or Build for Mobile.
How to add a new Container to Game
- Duplicate any Container on scene and place it as you want.
- “$” Game Object > “AR Throwing Game Control” Component > Score Controls: Add to Array the “Score Control” Component of New Container’s “Score Trigger”.
Learn the Testing Section of AR Throwing.
Tested with Mobile Devices
- iOS on iPhone XS Max.
- Android on Samsung Galaxy A71.
Check the current version of AR Throw and Score on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.
- Button in Menu Scene: “Clear Data” (calls PlayerPrefs.DeleteAll()).
- Game Version with AR Foundation (ARCore, ARKit) & Plane Detection. It will run by default if the device supports it, otherwise, the Game Version with AR Camera Lite will be run.
- AR Safe Zone for Game Version with AR Foundation. The player needs to stay in the Safe Zone to avoid accidents during the game and continue the game itself! The player will be notified when leaving the Safe Zone.
- AR Onboarding UX (AR Foundation) with Transparent Video Manuals & AR States.
- AR Light Estimation (AR Foundation): estimates light data in physical space and applies it to game space.
- Using of Native Camera to check Camera Permission before the Demo Scene.
- 9 New Throwing Objects in Game with Customized Collision Sounds of Floor And Containers.