AR Throwing — Unity Asset which combines Augmented Reality & Throw for Mobile Platforms.
During an encounter with a target, a player may throw a ball (or any object you want) by tapping any point on the screen (easy mode) or by flicking (swiping) the ball from the bottom of the screen up toward the target (hard mode). Both modes form different speed and throw direction based on last tap point, what makes the game even more interesting.
Toss Diligently & Hit the Targets!
AR Throwing contains Unity Assets
All paid assets are included in Unity Package. All modules are designed independently to keep this asset extendable & easy to understand:
- Throw Object 3D (docs) to implement throwing.
- AR Camera GYRO (docs) to implement Augmented Reality for wide range of mobile devices. You can use any AR Engine (ARCore, ARKit, etc.) because there is no hard connection between Unity Project and AR Camera GYRO (docs).
- Real-Time AR Shadows (docs).
AR Throwing is a Part of Unity Assets
Features of AR Throwing
Bring the enchanting Power of Augmented Reality into your amazing Game or App:
- 3 unique containers: Barrel, Bucket & Bucket Group.
- 2 Throwing Modes: “Tap” (Easy) & “Flick/Swipe” (Hard).
- 10+ different items to toss: balls, weapons, etc. Easy implementation of your own Throwing Objects.
- Dynamic Sound System: play Throwing Sounds based on speed, pitch and volume factors of Throwing Objects.
- Tons of Customizable Parameters for Throwing (Force, Torque, Delays, Rotation, Position, etc.).
- Custom Meshes of Containers created with Technie Collider Creator (it’s not needed to run the project). They allow computing collides more accurately.
- Mobile Optimizations: Object Pool, TextMesh PRO, etc.
Getting Started with AR Throwing
For legal reasons, I can’t include some assets in the package, but you can get them for free separately.
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games;
- TextMesh Pro;
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2019.1.3.
- Download and import AR Throwing into Unity.
- Option: To Get All Assets associated with Throw Object 3D, check its documentation.
- Test in the Unity Editor with Unity Remote or build for mobile.
“$” Game Object
It’s Game Controller. Here you can find main control scripts.
Tested with Mobile Devices
- iOS on iPhone 6 & 8,
- Android on Samsung Galaxy S10.
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.