Advantages of AR Shadow
Bring the enchanting Power of Unity AR Shadows into your Augmented Reality:
- Support for Any AR engine;
- Vuforia Shadow — Demo Scene in the package;
- 3 minutes installation for Your Scene.
Package is a part of Unity Assets
- AR Toss Boss (docs).
- AR Survival Shooter (docs).
- VR + AR: Mixed Reality (MR) (docs).
- AR Camera GYRO (docs).
- AR Camera ACCELEROMETER (docs).
Tested with Devices
- iOS on iPhone 6;
- Android on Lenovo A606, Samsung Galaxy S7.
- UWP on Microsoft Surface Pro 5 & Acer Switch 5.
Getting started from scratch
Package has customized prefabs: ARGround & ARDirectionalLight.
So just use them for your scene & enjoy.
- Go to Edit > Project Settings > Quality.
- Choose Default Quality Level for a target platform.
- Shadow Projection = Close Fit.
- Shadow Distance = 400.
- Create Plane (ARGround prefab).
- Place plane on the marker (a bit higher) if you use marker AR like Vuforia. If you use markerless AR (e.g. AR Camera GYRO) then place the plane on your origin so you can see the shadows.
- Resize plane for all your active area of game action.
- Attach ARShadow material with ARShadowSurface shader (AR/ARShadowSurface) to the Plane.
- Cutout = 1.
- Create Direction Light (ARDirectionalLight prefab).
- Intensity = 1.5 or 1.0.
- Shadow Type = Soft Shadows.
- Strength = 0.323.
- Bias = 0.13.
- Normal Bias = 0.
- Near Plane = 0.9.
- Press Play and see the AR shadows from objects.
AR Shadow and AR Camera GYRO
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.
- Unity 2019.1 version.
- Vuforia 8.1.7 version.
- Unity 2018.3 version.
- Unity 2017.3.1 version;
- Unity 5.6.5 version (without Vuforia demo);
- Publisher Window.