Advantages of AR Shadow
Bring the enchanting Power of Unity AR Shadows into your Augmented Reality:
- Support for Any AR engine;
- Vuforia Shadow — Demo Scene in the package;
- 3 minutes installation for Your Scene.
Package is a part of Unity Assets
This is a tutorial for the Last Version of AR Shadow Asset. Tutorial for the previous version can be found in the asset folder of the previously downloaded package.
Getting started from scratch with AR Shadow
Folders & Files in package by default:
- Makaka Games.
If you have any issues with the first launch then just Reach Support with Invoice Number and Get Help.
If you read this tutorial from PDF, first check the latest docs online to get actual information.
Package has customized prefabs: ARGround & ARDirectionalLight.
So just use them for your scene & enjoy.
- Create New Unity Project with Unity 2019.1.12.
- Download and import AR Shadow into Unity.
- Go to Edit > Project Settings > Quality.
- Choose Default Quality Level for a target platform.
- Shadow Projection = Close Fit.
- Shadow Distance = 400.
- Create New Scene.
- Create Plane (ARGround prefab).
- Place plane on the marker (a bit higher) if you use marker AR like Vuforia. If you use markerless AR (e.g. AR Camera GYRO) then place the plane on your origin, so you can see the shadows.
- Resize plane for all your active area of game action.
- Attach ARShadow material with ARShadowSurface shader (AR/ARShadowSurface) to the Plane.
- Cutout = 1.
- Create Direction Light (ARDirectionalLight prefab).
- Intensity = 1.5 or 1.0.
- Shadow Type = Soft Shadows.
- Strength = 0.323.
- Bias = 0.13.
- Normal Bias = 0.
- Near Plane = 0.9.
- Press Play and see the AR shadows from objects.
Why don’t Shadows work?
- The common issue is Point 4. Users sometimes just select the quality level in Unity Editor and don’t set it as default. That’s why you can see Shadows in Unity Editor & don’t see on mobile.
- In your own scene, you could put own plane (i.e. AR Marker) or object at the same Y level with a plane for shadows. Try to raise the plane for shadows a bit.
- See Video Instruction below carefully.
AR Shadow and AR Camera GYRO
Tested with Mobile Devices
Real Testing is only on Real Device.
- iOS on iPhone 6, 8, XS Max;
- Android on Lenovo A606, Samsung Galaxy S7, S10.
- UWP on Microsoft Surface Pro 5 & Acer Switch 5.
Check the current version on Asset Store.
The latest versions will be added as soon as possible.
- Unity 2019.1 version.
- Vuforia 8.1.7 version.
- Unity 2018.3 version.