Are you planning to create awesome app or video game with Unity game engine using the Best Unity Assets? Save many development hours with Best Assets in Unity Asset Store.
In this article, I will show you best in class assets separated by categories, so you can make the right choice for your game genre and create a dream game as fast as possible.
- 1 30+ Best Unity Assets: Editor’s Picks
- 2 Best Unity Assets by Years
- 3 Best Assets by Official Asset Store Team
- 4 Why do you need to buy at the Unity Asset Store?
30+ Best Unity Assets: Editor’s Picks
Which assets did you enjoy the most this year? Let me know in the comments.
AR — Augmented Reality
AR Foundation (ARKit, ARCore)
- AR Menu (AR Business Card) (docs)— 3D Menu for AR Gaming and interactive tool for communication with customers on business negotiations or just for fun.
- AR Space Shooter (docs) — top-down galactic shooter.
AR Camera GYRO
- AR Toss Boss (docs) — Throw Balls into containers & Try to Get Best Score.
- AR Survival Shooter (docs) — first-person shooter (FPS): kill the zombies and save your life with full immersion in the game.
- AR Basketball GO (docs) — sport arcade for mobile platforms with realistic physics of basketball net & hoop.
VR — Virtual Reality
- VR Survival Shooter (docs) — first-person shooter with Google Cardboard (can be easily upgraded to any VR headset).
- VR Easy — workflow tool set that enables content developers to quickly build VR Experiences through a simple drag & drop interface, supporting all major HMD devices, e.g. Oculus, HTC Vive, Gear VR, Oculus Go, Vive Focus, Cardboard, Daydream and compatible with industry SDKs.
- Buried Memories Volume 1: Yggdrasil — High Quality Art from top industry talent.
- Stronghold — Step into the Medieval World of sword and stone, detailed fortress or a climatic city from the Middle Ages.
- RPG Medieval Kingdom Kit — next-gen PBR 3D modular art package which contains 900 fully customizable prefabs to create your own RPG or RTS Game with First Person or Top-Down View.
- PBR Graveyard — 2000 assets: modular, PBR, sculpted, and photoscanned. Create cemetery, interiors, nature background. All assets are high-quality optimized and atlased models with 3-4 LODs. Music from old video, is also included in 2 variants: movie trailer and short ambient.
- Rock and Boulders 3 — 26 Types of boulders and stones with 22 PBR rock formations.
- Stylized Nature Pack — high-quality nature package, perfect for stylized games.
- Epic Mountains Pack — AAA Terrain Features and Prefabs: 4k Textures & Photogrammetry.
- ArchVizPRO Interior Vol. 6 — Scandinavian style house, build in every single detail: 4K, 200 prefabs.
- POLYGON — Pirates Pack: low poly asset pack of characters, buildings, props, items and environment assets to create a pirate based polygonal style game. Modular sections are easy to piece together in a variety of combinations. 477 unique assets with x4 alternative texture colors.
- POLYGON Nature Pack — low poly asset pack of Trees, Plants, Terrain, Rocks, Props, and FX assets to add to your existing polygonal style game.
- Gaia — artist friendly all in one terrain and scene generation system that allows you to create the stunning Mobile, VR and Desktop Environments in just minutes!
- EasyRoads 3D — Road Infrastructures with awesome Parametric Modeling.
- RAM (River Auto Material) — tool to create very advanced river and lakes with flow map, river bed shapes and textures on it automatically.
- Time of Day — package to render realistic dynamic sky domes with day and night cycle, realistic dynamic clouds and physically based atmospheric scattering.
- Farland Skies — Cloudy Crown Pro: minimalistic, cartoon style skybox with custom single-pass shader that works as a regular skybox material, avoiding the use of any sphere or mesh. There are tons of customization features.
- AllSky — full palette of 160 skies with various styles: Day, Night, Cartoon, Fantasy, Hazy, Epic, Space, Sunless and Moonless!
- Enviro — Sky and Weather — complete dynamic AAA sky and weather solution. Compatible with Gaia.
If you want to create games without code, then next awesome tools will help you.
VFX & Shaders
- MadGoat SSAA — one of the best anti-aliasing techniques: be it a game, a VR application or an archviz presentation, now you can achieve stunning image quality with just one click!
- Mesh Effects — 20+ amazing mesh effects.
- SSAO Pro — HQ, stable and fast version of SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion) with added features like lighting contribution, distance cutoff with smooth falloff and occlusion color.
- Realistic Effects Pack 4 — top-notch 3D Effects with physic motions, particles and sounds.
- Amplify Shader Editor — most progressive node-based editor of shaders.
- UFPS — ultimate solution for creating ANY FPS game.
- Realistic FPS Hands — PBR, 4K Textures, Rigged model, IK system, Customization, Damage shader.
- Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI — MEGA PACK: one stop solution which provides you the most Flexible, Easy to Use, Production Ready First Person Shooter Controller and to set this up you require Zero Coding Skills!
- Corgi Engine 2D/2.5D + Handcrafted Art — 2D Platformer Mega Bundle: most complete platformer solution. It’s a tight (non physics based controls) character controller for your game. It’s very fast and works on desktop, mobile, and anywhere you want.
- Rex Engine: Classic 2D Platformer Engine — robust, precise 2D platformer engine filled to bursting with classic game mechanics.
- Odin — Inspector and Serializer;
- Archimatix Pro — is a powerful node-based parametric modeling extension for Unity that helps you quickly create mutable props and rich, variable environments.
- Asset Store Publisher: How to Create & Sell Unity Assets? — Book for Publishers.
- Asset Hunter PRO — solution for cleaning your project from garbage and missing elements.
- Publisher Window — welcome screen where the user can learn all the important information about the product (unity asset or project) and your company by visiting important links.
- Publisher Component — decoration for your script inspector. Now your product will always look cool.
Best Unity Assets by Years
This year saw the release of many cool Unity Assets. New tools that do things nothing has done before. Asset Store Team has collected 10 of the very best.
Also, check Unity’s Library Bundles: each bundle contains assets from a single publisher.
The novelty of this year was the creation of paid assets by the Unity Technologies itself, together with professionals with over 40+ years of combined industry experience working on world-class productions of games and movies.
Unity is excited to announce the release of Buried Memories Volume 1: Yggdrasil — the first Icon Pack from the Unity Icon Collective. The pack was built in collaboration with Unity partners created AAA games to ensure superb quality 3D content, music, sound, and animations.
Icon Packs include premium art assets that are flexible, modular, and designed to help creators build and expand new worlds. In this first pack, creators get the complete Yggdrasil diorama that features an environment, a game-ready animated character, shaders, textures, lighting, audio and more.
List of Asset was created by Official Team of Unity Asset Store.
Best Assets by Official Asset Store Team
Best Paid Unity Assets
It is Dynamic List of Best Assets based on Asset Store sales for the last 30 days.
Top Grossing Unity Packages
It is Dynamic List of Top Grossing Unity Assets based on Asset Store popularity metric and numbers of sales.
Asset Bundle of Week
Asset Bundles —Top Unity Assets that work great together, and only pay for assets you don’t yet own. Save up to 50%!
New Cool Assets
Check out the latest and greatest released assets, selected by the Asset Store Content Curators.
Why do you need to buy at the Unity Asset Store?
Unity Asset Store Rules are complicated by now, especially for new participants (developers): only experienced developers with own website and 3 complete Unity Projects at minimum.
Modern Requirements of Asset Store resembles a model of Envato Market (Theme Forest, Code Canyon, etc). There are very serious requirements for software products. Even if in some way a bad product could pass moderation, then the rating system will bring it to light.
As a result, we have Top Unity Assets by Top Unity Developers and more opportunities for Game Creators:
- Save money and hundreds of development hours.
- Focus on the game, not the routine.
- You can create the whole game by yourself, no need to understand every field of Game Dev.
Enjoy the creation of the game of your dream without being bored and with Best Unity Assets of Asset Store Community.