How can we use TextMesh PRO vs Unity 2018.2 properly for legacy projects (e.g., from Unity 2018.1)?
For the new version of Unity, some adjustments are needed.
Unity 2018.2 already includes a version of the TMP UPM package. As such, if you have a previous version of the source code or DLL-only version of TextMesh Pro, you end up with two versions of Text Mesh Pro in the same project.
Solution: TextMesh PRO vs Unity 2018.2
- Delete the old version of Text Mesh Pro in the Asset folder.
- Reopen Project.
- Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP essentials.
- Window > TextMeshPro > Project Files GUID Remapping Tool.
- Scan & Save.
These actions will update the project, fix all missing TMP scripts.
Why must you use Text Mesh Pro instead of Unity UI: TextMesh Pro vs Unity Text?
Powerful and easy to use, Text Mesh Pro uses Advanced Text Rendering techniques along with a set of custom shaders; delivering substantial visual quality improvements while giving users incredible flexibility and incredible performance when it comes to text styling and texturing:
- Intuitive UI;
- Supports Bitmap & SDF font Assets;
- Built-in Font Asset Creation tool;
- TrueType & OpenType support;
- Scripting Interface & dynamic control of text objects;
- Improved performance over Unity’s Text Mesh;
- No Runtime Allocations.
Take a look on Official Unity Forum of Text Mesh Pro.
TextMesh PRO vs Unity 2018.2
How can we use TextMesh PRO vs Unity 2018.2 properly for legacy projects (e.g. from Unity 2018.1)? Fixing Errors for previous Text Mesh Pro and Unity 2019